1. Learn about Video resources for the classroom.
Tubechop, stupeflix, animoto, schooltube.com, kideos,com, edublogs.tv(allows you to incorporate videos, pictures, & Podcasts), brightstorm.com, 5min.com
Click for information on incorporating videos into the classroom.
50 alternatives to Youtube
My PowerPoint Game Show
Professional Development- How do I continue learning about technology?
Examples of game templates below:
3. Posters for the Classroom
T-shirt – Imagechef, Bighugelabs.com
Make a Poster with Excel
My t-shirt design
PR shirt design
BLOOMS TAXONOMY & TECHNOLOGY
Click to learn about Blooms Digital Taxonomy
Here is an example of my Bloom’s Taxanomy:
Who can you host your vodcast? Youtube, http://yola.com, http://weebly.com, google docs, skydrive, or your school site.
Personal Learning Networks
Click for more information about Twitter
Use a URL shortener to shorten the link. https://bitly.com/ Then tweet your new link.
- To send a private message go to messages & type in the name of the person you want to send the message to. (you can only message a person who is following you.)
- Use the #search term to find relevant tweets about technology & education.
- Add a tweet and include a search term by adding #search term to your tweet
Using Games to help students remember material.http://www.teachingwithgames.net/
- Look through the games linked & post them to your twitter. Be sure to add a search term (#term) & mention me in your tweet (@r531)
ASSIGNMENT: Creating your own Game in PowerPoint
To shorten a URL go to: http://bitly.com/
1. Learn about online resources that will allow you to create podcast/vodcast.
http://vocaroo.com/ ***For people in a hurry*** Click, record, share!!\
http://podomatic.com/login – Pro: Free, easy, allows online recording, & sharing. Con: Only offers the free account for a limited time-30 days-.)
- http://sketchcast.com (Record a sketch online with or without audio. Good for math problems)(pro: It is free, simple, you can email it or embed it on your website. Con: It might be difficult to draw, you can not include any pictures.)
- http://www.techsmith.com/jing/ – Pro: It is free, & very s imple. Con: It requires a download, it has limited editing features, you must pay to have your videos hosted on screencast.com (only $14 a year)
- Camtasia Studio – Pro: Easy to share on youtube or screencast. It has advanced editing features like zoom, text bubbles, audio, and more. Con: It cost around $168 for the software.(one time fee) ***Maybe Sheila can
Music – http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/
2. Spend around 30 min (more if needed) to finish writing your script. Share your script with your group members and myself (email@example.com) using GOOGLE DOCS. This will allow all members to edit the document at the same time.
3. Record your podcast. Click for Podcast Group Project Directions.
Here is my podcast:
To covert media files, go to:
*advanced search -this allows you to find powerpoint presentations, shockwave,excel, word on your subject. You can also adjust your reading level.
*scholar- look up articles for research reports
*maps- find pictures, destinations
I researched picasa web albums. https://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=mq I use this site to store our pictures and videos. It’s very user friendly. I can easily print or send pictures to stores to print.
Podcasting- Today we learned how to create a podcast. We use audacity program and got music from http://www.purple-planet.com/
This is a great website to add voice to pictures
This website let’s you put in a phrase and the website finds pictures to go with each word.